Apply proven strategies worldwide, and the savings only get bigger
Uncover savings you couldn't see before. GFS helps clients develop global strategic initiatives through global benchmarking and identification of global fleet synergies, as well as other cost savings opportunities.
Our examination of a global fleet includes:
- Identifying under-utilized assets.
- Recommending vehicles appropriate to the employee's position in the host country.
- Identifying the best practice of outright purchase vs. lease in each country, taking all considerations into account.
- Examining TCO (total cost of ownership). Vehicles with higher capitalization costs sometimes offer the best overall value after considering fuel, maintenance costs, resale values and taxation.
- Identifying vehicles of higher theft risk to minimize insurance premium expenses.
- Advising on eligibility of Value-Added Tax reimbursement for leasing and maintenance for each country, thus recouping money paid out.
- Giving a clear recommendation regarding more ecological & economical fleet policies.
- Identifying CO2 taxation rates per model in EU countries and the effect CO2 emission levels may have on taxation level & resale value.
- Be prepared for growth, mergers/acquisitions
- Structure and communicate your fleet policy
- Establish country-specific requirements to match your needs to cultural, legal and monetary systems
- Mirror senior management corporate initiatives
- Facilitate negotiations for volume fleet discounts
- Maintain parity of vehicles among the various acquired entities
- Determine who oversees the fleet: centralized/decentralized, regionalized, etc.
- Identify your type of business; know local laws and regulations; follow registration appropriate to each country; match registration type to appropriate funding per country
- Establish the selector based on brands available [maintenance parts and service, residual value] in the countries where you operate; leverage global purchasing power
- Determine vehicle usage policy to minimize possible driver discontent and enhance employee retention
- Incorporate risk management policy for specifications, use, cost of repair